Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Everytrail Review


I tried out the Everytrail hiking app for this portion of the hike.   It worked way better than the app I was using before.  It did have a little glitch about 12 miles in, but the wonderful thing about this app is that it links up with the Everytrail website afterwards, and I can go back and edit out the random 5 mile long triangle through the Hudson River that my phone was so convinced that I took.  It also lets you post geotagged pictures, waypoints, and tell the story of the hike if you're into that sort of thing.  When you post your hike, there are private and public settings so other people can use the trail you mapped.  A search option lets you check out other maps in the area created by users.  So yeah, pretty good app especially considering it's free-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment